I made the commitment to start juicing last week. I called Louann and told her about how I wanted to do this and that I found a good deal on a certified re-manufactured Breville kickass juicer. She gave me her blessing so to speak - which is huge because we already invested in a Vitamix that we use almost daily for green smoothies. We love that Vitamix.
The thing is, I went Vegan over a year and a half ago. I lost about 20 pounds and felt really good. I say vegan instead of "plant based" because I continued to eat crap - even though I have given up animal products about 97% (I eat cake on special occasions, like birthdays - and it probably has eggs in it) other than that - animal product free. But chips, nutrition bars, vegan desserts, candy, I'm still eating processed foods as well, but nothing at all like I used to. I do eat frozen meals for lunch sometimes Amy's Organic, Vegan - but processed.
The weight stopped dropping a long time ago, not gaining but not losing. I'd like to lose about 45 to 50 pounds still! Plus, I haven't been feeling good, not 100%, lacking energy, foggy headed, lame memory, poor focus, even my skin isn't as smooth and glowing as it was at first. So....
I took another look at Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. I have been researching into this for some time, learning and reading about people's experiences, visiting blogs and websites of those who have benefited or are just getting started and I am just about giddy, honestly so excited about doing this!
So Friday the Juicer arrived. Saturday I unpacked it, Sunday I washed and dried all the pieces and put it together and then took it apart and put it together again. Then I went to get some groceries :) Then I washed and prepped the ingredients for the Mean Green Juice.
Ingredients
- 1 cucumber
- 4 celery stalks
- 2 apples
- 6-8 leaves kale (Australian tuscan cabbage)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp ginger
This morning, I made my first batch. It was easy, yielded about 36 ounces. My goal during the fast will be 64 ounces of juice and 64 ounces of water per day if you can believe that! I have yet to taste the juice. I had a green smoothie for breakfast on my way to work. For mid morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and basically whenever I get hungry during the day, I'll be drinking this 36 ounces of juice. Not sure about dinner.
When I pick up the juices, I feel it vibrating in my hand, it feels alive or super special in some way. Can't explain that for sure, but I really think I am going to get fit, strong and healthy with this natural medicine, this plant strong abundantly nutrient dense libation might even get me running, or jogging if my joints allow.
I also bought some great glass bottles - I'm not putting this magical elixir in plastic!

No comments:
Post a Comment