Friday, August 16, 2013

Day 5

Good Morning!

Yesterday was hardish, I got home and Louann wasn't there. Which for some reason made all the food in the house more tempting! Don't ask me why. I am around food sources at work all day too - but all those snacks we have, like chips and little brownies were just sitting there in the pantry. I had none of it!

I made juice for about two hours, and it was all just enough for today! It's beautiful juice. Actually I made a red juice consisting of carrots, beets, greens and ginger which rendered enough for a serving last night as well as one for this morning, which I'm enjoying right now. I sat outside with LuLu while she had a beer and I drank my juice. It was very sweet, so I brought in a lemon and just squeezed some in and it really helps cut the sweetness. I have four 18 ounce bottles to drink today, look at how pretty they are! The green one is a different recipe too - wondering how it will taste.... this is 74 ounces of pure raw juice. Should meet my goal for the day as long as I drink it all!


So today is Friday, Day 5 of this 10 day fast. I feel really good today. It's also donut day at work, which I am just ignoring. But then, my coworker Mike comes in with a box of cupcakes from his wife Dawn, Oh. My. Gosh. they are beautiful. I mean really, Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry and Lemon. Right here in the lab with me. 

I AM NOT EATING ONE!

By the way,  my weight was 169.4 this morning!! Which is certainly giving me strength. Not that I'm counting, but that's 6.3 pounds after four days. Hoping it continues for sure. Juicing is a lot of work, and it takes time and money too - and also it's really changed our life at home. Louann's been eating salads all week and hummus I guess. I miss sharing meals with her. Tonight will be another test, it's our Friday Night dinner ride to an excellent little place that has great homestyle cooking. And tonight they're giving a free piece of chocolate cake to everyone who orders a meal. Did you know that cake is one of my greatest weaknesses? And they have really really good cake.







No comments:

Post a Comment